Today’s guest is two time Grammy winning producer, engineer, and mixer Daniel “Vago” Galindo. Born in Mexico, but now based out of Los Angeles Vago has worked on a long list of amazing projects including artists such as Juanes and Elvis Costello, as well as TV and film projects such as La La Land, Beauty and The Beast, and Ni Tu Ni Yo. We have a great chat about finding mentorship in the music industry, what music engineers can learn from post production workflows, tips for recording remotely, and why we should work with people because of their musical taste and not their skills.
🗒 In this episode we'll dig in on... 🗒
- Growing up in Mexico playing drums
- Being too stubborn to not pursue music
- Moving to LA and starting out in a post-production studio
- Working for Sebastian Kris
- The importance of having trusted peers
- Professional voice over session flow
- Tips for recording remotely with musicians and artists
- Mis-quantizing loops to find inspiration
- Working with Juanes
- Working with people for their musical taste
- Taking chances when mixing
🎙 Travis' Intro 🎙
Progressions State of the Union
👉 Learn More About Vago Galindo... 👈
📢 Our Sponsors 📢
Check out oeksound. The makers of Soothe2 and Spiff!
Sign Up for Complete Producer Network!
Listen to Secret Sonics!
🙏 Support the Show 🙏
Support Progressions on Patreon!
Sign up for the Progressions Mailing List
Learn more about Travis: https://www.travisference.com/
Affiliate Links (aka Support the Show AND Get Stuff):
Soundflow - Speed up your workflow!
Riverside.fm - Video Interview Platform
Captivate.fm - Start your own Podcast!
Host: Travis Ference
Editor: Stephen Boyd
Theme Music: inter.ference