Today’s guest is music entrepreneur and manager Sam Saideman. Sam is co-founder and CEO of Innovo Management where he and his team specialize and work across, artist management, project management, influencer management, and brand marketing. Currently Innovo manages a roster of creators who have a reach of over 43 million followers on TikTok alone. His forward thinking approach and innovative spirit has helped him carve out a space as one of the most influential thought leaders in today’s creator economy. We have a great chat about staying authentic in your content, the dangers of hustle, culture, how to utilize social media to promote your music, and how TikTok levels the playing field between independent artists and major labels.
🗒 In this episode we'll dig in on... 🗒
- Staying authentic with your short-form content
- The importance of a narrative
- Building a creator management firm
- Brand deal rates and terms for creators
- Working at Sony/ATV
- The power of collaboration on social media
- How TikTok levels the playing field
- Running US Artist strategy for OneRPM
- Promoting your music with social media
- Keeping leverage
- Understanding a social platform before posting
- The dangers of hustle culture
🎙 Travis' Intro 🎙
Start a Daily Review Habit!
🎶 ... Listening Recommendation 🎶
Sammy Adams - Listen
👉 Learn More About Sam Saideman... 👈
📢 Our Sponsors 📢
Check out oeksound. The makers of Soothe2 and Spiff!
Sign Up for Complete Producer Network!
Listen to Secret Sonics!
🙏 Support the Show 🙏
Support Progressions on Patreon!
Sign up for the Progressions Mailing List
Learn more about Travis: https://www.travisference.com/
Affiliate Links (aka Support the Show AND Get Stuff):
Soundflow - Speed up your workflow!
Riverside.fm - Video Interview Platform
Captivate.fm - Start your own Podcast!
Guest: Sam Saideman
Host: Travis Ference
Editor: Stephen Boyd
Theme Music: inter.ference