Today’s guest Melbourne, Australia based mastering engineer, entrepreneur, YouTube creator, and general all round mad scientist Nicholas Di Lorenzo. This his second time on the show, he was last on the show back in episode 64, if you want to learn more about Nick check that one out. We have a great chat about where AI tools can come in to your audio workflow, when to use clippers vs when to use limiters, work life balance and how that fuels being present in every part of your life, and why Nick goes so deep in this YouTube videos.
🗒 In this episode we'll dig in on... 🗒
- Training your ear
- How making YouTube videos taught him the tech behind mastering tools
- How FabFilter Pro-L 2 attack actually works
- Clipping vs Limiting
- Finding work-life balance
- Where AI tools fit audio workflows
- The importance of carving out time to practice and learn
- Ozone Master Assist... good or bad?
- How to know if you got a great master back from an engineer
- Scaling a YouTube channel as an independent business
🎙 Travis' Intro 🎙
What Are You Capable Of?
🗣 Mentioned in the Interview 🗣
- "The Audio Expert" by Ethan Winer
👉 Learn More About Nicholas DiLorenzo... 👈
📢 Our Sponsors 📢
Check out oeksound. The makers of Soothe2 and Spiff!
Sign Up for Complete Producer Network!
Listen to Secret Sonics!
🙏 Support the Show 🙏
Support Progressions on Patreon!
Sign up for the Progressions Mailing List
Learn more about Travis: https://www.travisference.com/
Affiliate Links (aka Support the Show AND Get Stuff):
Soundflow - Speed up your workflow!
Riverside.fm - Video Interview Platform
Captivate.fm - Start your own Podcast!
Guest: Nicholas DiLorenzo
Host: Travis Ference
Editor: Stephen Boyd
Theme Music: inter.ference