Today’s guest is Madelynn Eylse, an LA-based musician and the founder of the boutique label services company Shark Attack. Madelynn founded Shark Attack to empower indie artists and to help them navigate the landscape of today’s new and ever changing music industry. Since 2016, Madelynn has coached over 100 artists along their path to being truly independent as well as worked with the major labels. We cover topics like activating the Spotify algorithm, how to grow using TikTok, what a successful ad campaign looks like, and release strategies for new music in 2022.
In this episode we'll dig in on...
- The do's and don'ts of playlisting
- Release strategies for new music in 2022
- Getting a record deal offer and turning it down
- Sync licensing as a source of income
- Passive streams vs gaining fans
- What a good Call to Action looks like
- What to spend music marketing dollars on and how
- Organic growth metrics to look out for in 2022
- Pre-Save vs Pre-Order
- Building fans through Tik Tok
- Understanding Spotify for Artists
- Playlist botting
- Social media engagement targets
- Disco: Music Management and Sharing Platform (https://disco.ac/)
Learn More About ...
📢 Our Sponsors 📢
Check out oeksound. The makers of Soothe2 and Spiff!
Sign Up for Complete Producer Network!
Listen to Secret Sonics!
🙏 Progressions the Show 🙏
Support Progressions on Patreon!
Sign up for the Progressions Mailing List
Learn more about Travis: https://www.travisference.com/
Affiliate Links (aka Support the Show AND Get Stuff):
Soundflow - Speed up your workflow!
Riverside.fm - Video Interview Platform
Captivate.fm - Start your own Podcast!
Guest: Madelynn Elyse
Host: Travis Ference
Editor: Stephen Boyd
Theme Music: inter.ference