Today’s guest is hit songwriter turned entrepreneur and music executive Jason Davis. Jason wrote his first #1 song at age 23, which led him to work with artists such as Boyz II Men, Sugar Ray, P. Diddy, Alabama, Lonestar, and Dolly Parton. As an entrepreneur and executive he’s worked as Senior VP of A&R, president of an independent record label, written two books, and executive produced for television. Currently he owns and operates One One 7 and Noble Management. We have a great chat about how to raise the level of inspiration in the room, when a publishing deal is right for you, and how to get noticed by labels and established producers.
In this episode we'll dig in on...
- The unexpected ways your songs get heard
- Serving others before yourself
- Writing hundreds of songs until you get one that feels "right"
- Learning when to sign up for PROs
- When to keep and when to give up your publishing
- Getting the attention of record labels
- The power of a unique lyric or title
- Planting the seeds of confidence during artist development
- Getting excited to work with label executives and moving into artist management
- The importance of having a trusted team as an independent artist
Mentioned in the Show:
Travis' Intro: Intentions vs Expectations
Learn More About Jason Davis...
Sign Up for Complete Producer Network HERE!
Get on the Waitlist for The Beats Accelerator Process HERE!
Get on the Waitlist for The Mix Accelerator Process HERE!
Support Progressions on Patreon!
Sign up for the Progressions Mailing List
Learn more about Travis: https://www.travisference.com/
Affiliate Links (aka Support the Show AND Get Stuff):
Soundflow - Speed up your workflow!
Riverside.fm - Video Interview Platform
Captivate.fm - Start your own Podcast!
Guest: Jason Davis
Host: Travis Ference
Editor: Stephen Boyd
Theme Music: inter.ference