Today's guest is Grammy winning mastering engineer Evren Göknar. Evren spent 25 years on staff at Capitol Mastering in Hollywood and now works independently from his own studio, Evren Göknar Mastering. His credits include artists like, KISS, Smashing Pumpkins, Mariah Carey, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beastie Boys, and NBC's The Voice. He's also recently written a book called "Major Label Mastering" which has been released on Routledge. We chat about working for a major label, writing a book and the importance of listening musically.
In this episode, we'll dig in on...
- Working on classic Capitol releases
- Writing a book and finding a publisher
- Finding your niche
- Playing in bands around Hollywood
- Client communication
- Going a different path from your college peers
- The importance of understanding music
- Mastering studio wiring and setup
- Having control of your schedule
- Sorting out your business
- Working a the desk to get into a recording studio
- Knowing people
Learn More About Evren Göknar...
Get "Major Label Mastering" HERE!
Sign Up for Complete Producer Network HERE!
Get on the Waitlist for The Beats Accelerator Process HERE!
Get on the Waitlist for The Mix Accelerator Process HERE!
Support Progressions on Patreon!
Sign up for the Progressions Mailing List
Learn more about Travis: https://www.travisference.com/
Affiliate Links (aka Support the Show AND Get Stuff):
Soundflow - Speed up your workflow!
Riverside.fm - Video Interview Platform
Captivate.fm - Start your own Podcast!
Guest: Evren Göknar
Host: Travis Ference
Editor: Travis Ference
Theme Music: inter.ference