Today’s guest is Nashville based mixer Brent Hendrich. With over 20 years of experience as a freelancer Brent has logged countless hours of time in the recording studio, worked on a Dove award winning record, and contributed to Emmy award-winning compositions. We chat about being willing to invest in your growth, working in Cubase, mix prep, starting a career in Nashville, and the power of setting specific goals.
In this episode we'll dig in on...
- Big Studio vs Home Studio Paths
- The power of specific goals
- Working on pop music in a country town
- Using blind A-B tests when mixing
- Working with an accountability coach
- Mixing in Cubase
- Attending SAE
- Reflecting on your past work
- Mixing as you produce
- Noticing what your clients think you do best
- Navigating the slow patches
- Investing in your growth
- Mix Prep and file delivery
Mentioned in the Show:
Travis' Intro: Trusting Your Taste
Learn More About Brent Hendrich...
Sign Up for Complete Producer Network HERE!
Get on the Waitlist for The Beats Accelerator Process HERE!
Get on the Waitlist for The Mix Accelerator Process HERE!
Support Progressions on Patreon!
Sign up for the Progressions Mailing List
Learn more about Travis: https://www.travisference.com/
Soundflow - Speed up your workflow!
Riverside.fm - Video Interview Platform
Captivate.fm - Start your own Podcast!
Guest: Brent Hendrich
Host: Travis Ference
Editor: Stephen Boyd
Theme Music: inter.ference