Today's guest is music sync licensing veteran Ben Morris. Ben is co-owner of the Hauler Music Group and a past employee of EMI and Domino Records. We chat about the art and business of sync, building your brand on your own values, the dos and don'ts of sync licensing, how best to pitch your music, and why artists should be open to doing custom music for brands and agencies.
🗒 In this episode we'll dig in on... 🗒
- Starting his career at Capitol Studios
- Being a passionate music fan
- The creative side of sync licensing
- How sync can change the trajectory of an artist's career
- What happens when master and publishing reps disagree
- A typical Sync Representation agreement
- Getting to pitch music he loves
- Keeping industry connections alive
- What genres are more "sync-able"
🎙 Travis' Intro 🎙
The Danger of Frequency Bias in Your Music Career
🎶 ... Listening Recommendation 🎶
Eddie Chacon - Listen
👉 Learn More About Ben Morris... 👈
📢 Our Sponsors 📢
Check out oeksound. The makers of Soothe2 and Spiff!
Sign Up for Complete Producer Network!
Listen to Secret Sonics!
🙏 Support the Show 🙏
Support Progressions on Patreon!
Sign up for the Progressions Mailing List
Learn more about Travis: https://www.travisference.com/
Affiliate Links (aka Support the Show AND Get Stuff):
Soundflow - Speed up your workflow!
Riverside.fm - Video Interview Platform
Captivate.fm - Start your own Podcast!
Guest: Ben Morris
Host: Travis Ference
Editor: Stephen Boyd
Theme Music: inter.ference